Sunday, August 31, 2008

Murphy's Law....

So, we have been busy the last couple of weeks. It has been fun. The big kids and I went to pick pears for a couple of days at the church pear farm. Then we picked up Jeff and Taylor and went rafting down the Rogue River. That was fun. We had a great time. I thought it would be a great idea to have my camera with me for pictures. I had a plastic bag for it, so no big deal, right? Wrong. I got something out of the bag and set it down, open, and my camera go soaked. So, it has quite working. Go figure, I know. But we did have a great time. I'm hoping there are pictures on the card still. I just haven't had the time to check it out.

The last couple of days we went school shopping. The kids really were on there best behavior and we had a great time. While we were out I found a little can of red paint that I thought would look great as an accent color in Taylor's room. So, we brought that home, too. When we got home, Taylor and Jerod got into a bit of a tiff, and Taylor either threw or dropped the can of red paint on my living room carpet. Of course the lid came off and red paint went everywhere. If I'd had a camera I might have taken a picture, but I didn't. So instead I tried to figure out how to get paint out of carpet. I called my inlaws, my husband, and then a friend of ours that has a carpet cleaning business. Our friend with the carpet cleaning business was able to get most of the paint up, thankfully. But what a stressful way to end the afternoon.

Taylor is still alive, and everyone is excited for school to start. Including me!

No comments: